Just as I thought, my last "verse" was not so much a success with memorization. However, that could be because my index card spiral spent a lot of time in my purse and not a lot of time in front of my face. Why didn't anyone tell me that 5 grad school summer classes would be a lot of work???
Oh wait.
And just to add to my lacking effort, I'm not even going to type this week's encouragement. I'm going to copy and paste it directly from Beth Moore's Scripture memory blog from this morning... I'm thinking that's okay though. She probably has better things to say than I do anyway! :)
Hear bells and whistles and lots of music, maybe even a few beginning bars of the Hallelujah chorus: YOU MADE IT EXACTLY HALFWAY!!!! You are officially over the hump after you get this entry behind you.
Way to go, Sisters. Way to go! It’s a pretty good feeling, isn’t it? Don’t think for a second that the enemy didn’t try to steal away your focus and commitment. If you made it this far, you fought with him and won. This is a big victory. Celebrate it with your very faithful God.
My new verse is definitely needed by my spirit these days...
Jamey - Morris, AL
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 NIV
Charli, Phenix City, AL
ReplyDeleteINTERNET!
"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
Katie B.
ReplyDelete"The Lord will work out his plans for my life-for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me."
Psalm 138:8
"So faith comes from what is heard and what is heard comes through the message about Christ."
ReplyDeleteRomans 10:17 (HCSB)
Megan - Prattville, AL
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil."
ReplyDeleteEphesians 5:15-16 (ESV)
Jenny- Morris, Al
I had this verse but neglected to get it posted!
ReplyDeleteAngela - Atlanta, GA
John 1:16
"We have all benefited from the rich blessing he brought to us - one gracious blessing after another."