(I actually found this verse and wrote this June 26th... I just couldn't wait until the 1st!!!)
Don't y'all just love how the Holy Spirit is so personal and so faithful to speak to us through Scripture? I'm doing a study workbook that I picked up at Lifeway at the beginning of the summer called
The Living Room Series - Ruth: Loss, Love, & Legacy by Kelly Minter. I had heard of her through Beth Moore's blog and another study called
No Other Gods (which I fully intend to do at some point...). However, this one pretty much jumped off the shelf at me and I am completely confident that the Lord was guiding me to select it because He had a good work to do in me through it... It's one of those that seems to hit me exactly where I need it every single time I sit down with it. The part I love most about that is that I tend to be a little inconsistent, and yet it's all still perfectly timed. For example, there are some weeks when I spend time working on it each day. There are others, like the most recent, when for one reason or another, I seem to put it off for a few days. I've reached the part where Ruth goes to the threshing floor at Naomi's direction. This week I just wasn't feeling up for it. I didn't want to read about Ruth making a bold move and how Boaz responded... I wasn't interested in the love story. And yet, this morning, I made myself jump back into it... You know what? At least for today's lesson, it wasn't at all what I expected. It was about how Ruth had to take off her mourning garments and let go of her past in order to prepare herself for the next thing God was doing in her life. Yikes. Hit me right between the eyes. So all that to say, that's where my newest verse is coming from. It was included in my study today, and it was just what I know I need right now. I know that in isolation from the rest of the passage, it's a bit out of context - but I really just feel like the Lord knew I needed it. I love the power in the promise at the end...
To make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert is like making something out of nothing. Sometimes I feel like that is what God is going to have to do in my life. Yet it's no coincidence that we love and serve a God who specializes in doing that very thing. :)
Jamey - Morris, AL
"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:18-19 (ESV)
Charli, Phenix City, AL
ReplyDelete"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16, NIV
Katie
ReplyDelete9How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
11I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12Blessed are you, O LORD;
teach me your statutes!
Psalm 119:9-12
Megan, Prattville,Al: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
ReplyDeleteRomans 12:9-12 (NIV)
Angela, Atlanta, GA
ReplyDeleteGalatians 5:1
"It was for freedom that Christ set us free, therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject to a yoke up slavery."
Twana, Honduras
ReplyDeleteThat is the plan I follow too. I try to please everyone in everything I do. I don't just do what I like or what is best for me, but what is best for them so they may be saved.
1 Corinthians 10:33
"He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit."
ReplyDeleteTitus 3:5 (ESV)
Jenny Taylor
Morris,Al