I'm actually about to break the original rules a little bit... School starts tomorrow, and my deepest prayer for the upcoming year is for wisdom. I feel like that is something I was greatly lacking last year, so I am desperate for it... Because of that, I want to begin to memorize and meditate on Scripture about wisdom - perhaps for the entire school year, even after this blog concludes in December. To begin, I want to memorize all of Proverbs 2. I hope that if I can do it a little at a time, maybe I will stick with it and get it all... That's a hard commitment to make when the most captivating verses are not at the very beginning of the chapter, but I know it will be worth it to memorize a group of verses in their context.
"My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding,"
Proverbs 2:1-2 ESV
(See? That's not even a complete thought! Haha...)
Love y'all! Can't wait to read the Scripture that the Lord places on your heart this time!
Twana, Honduras
ReplyDelete"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14
Psalm 145:1 (NIV) I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.
ReplyDeletePsalm 145:1 (MSG) I lift you high in praise, my God, O my King! and I'll bless your name into eternity.
Angela, Atlanta, GA
ReplyDeleteEphesians 3:8 "Yes everything is worthless when compared to the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else counting it all as garbage so that I may have Christ and become one with Him."
Jenny, Morris,AL
ReplyDelete"Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David." Isaiah 55:3 (ESV)