In some ways, I can't believe that tomorrow is the 15th already... In other ways, this has been a very LONG two weeks!
Thank you so much for joining together and sharing your verses last time. I hope you have enjoyed reading them just as much as I have.
Remember, as we start the second verse (which I hope you're writing down on index cards or in a small notebook), it's time to continue to review the first one as you learn another. Don't let your first verse go to make room for a new one!
Okay, mine is "And he said to all, 'If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" Luke 9:23 (ESV)
The words "deny himself" are jumping off the page. That's why I want to memorize this one.
Your turn!
Logan, Jacksonville, AL
ReplyDeleteI know that I didn't post a comment for the verse, but I promise I did one! Haha. My first verse was Psalms 1:6 "For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish." (ESV)
My current verse is:
"I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." - John 14:27 (NLT)
Twana, Tegucigalpa, Honduras :)
ReplyDelete"It is by our actions that we know we are living in the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before the Lord, even if our hearts condemn us. FOR GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR HEARTS, and he knows everything."
1 John 3:19-20
This is a continuation from last weeks verse. Baby steps!
Katherine, Wilsonville, AL
ReplyDeletefor we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7
It's short and I love it :)
Jenny, Morris,Al
ReplyDeleteThis one seems obvious but I want to have it down since it is the calling of all our lives.
"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'" Matthew 28:18
It's actually Matthew 28:18-20...opps!
ReplyDeleteKatie--Gardendale, AL
ReplyDeleteIt is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones. Psalm 127:2--NLT
Luke 18:1
ReplyDeleteThen Jesus told His disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
I need to keep my requests constantly before God, believing He will answer. As I persist in prayer I grow in character, faith and hope....note in my Bible. NIV
Traci-- Birmingham, AL
ReplyDeleteActs 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
My apologies to everyone for being so late with this post. My verse two is really a prayer that I'm praying for ALL of us.
ReplyDelete2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV) Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
(MSG) May the Master of Peace himself give you the gift of getting along with each other at all times in all ways. May the Master be truly among you!
oops, keep forgetting to post my verse on here!
ReplyDeleteAngela - Atlanta, GA
Psalm 50:23
He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.