Monday, January 31, 2011

Verse 3

I think January must have felt like a long month, because part of me is struggling to believe that we are only on our third verse of the year... I hope that all of you are doing well and are making the memorization a priority. This is a new discipline for me, but I think that I'm already improving with it. My first verse about fighting this warfare with spiritual weapons that have divine power to destroy strongholds has come in handy more times than I can even count over the last few weeks... I'm so thankful to be able to refer back to it at any time!

I'm going short and sweet for this next one...

Jamey - Morris, AL
"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!" Psalm 105:4 ESV

11 comments:

  1. Here is my verse: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12 (NIV)

    Jenny
    Morris,Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

    Ephesians 4:29

    Kristin, Helena, AL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, Prattville, Al: "I will ponder the way that is blameless. Oh when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is worhless. "
    Psalm 101: 2-3 (ESV)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
    Colossians 3:13 (NLT)

    Twana, Tegucigalpa, Honduras

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charli, Birmingham. "For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:4 ESV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colossians 3:23 (NIV) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kirsten, Minneapolis, MN

    If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
    James 1:5 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine, Wilsonville, AL

    Hebrews 12:1 (ESV)

    Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings to us so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

    I so regularly feel like life is a race that I am running and add to that trying to do a good job, a Godly job of it.... It's hard!!!! So, I love having the this verse and thought captive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie--Gardendale, AL

    The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices and I praise Him with my song. Psalm 28:7

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 Corinthians 7:1
    Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

    Angela - Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz - Birmingham,AL

    Late to get it on line, but have been working on it.
    Mark 9:24
    Immediately the boy's father exclaimed,"I do believe; help me overcome my
    unbelief!"

    ReplyDelete