I'm going to Honduras tomorrow. For anyone who did not really know me or follow my journey last year, it is probably hard to understand the weight of this visit. I am overjoyed at the thought of being reconnected with friends and students. However, I am also anxious for various reasons. That's why I chose this verse... (I thought about doing Philippians 4:6, but I feel like I already know that one, and I've been slacking with some easy ones lately...)
Jamey - Morris, AL
"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
My continuation from last week:
ReplyDelete"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things growup into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."
Ephesians 4:15-16
Great verse Jamey! Praying for you on this trip. May the Lord go before you and be your rear guard. Do you know the song 'Do not fear'? It is based on Isaiah 43. Great song... here is the youtube link.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23jeSAlB_GE
"He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber" Psalm 121:3 (NIV)
ReplyDeleteKatie
ReplyDeleteTeach us to make the most of our time, so that we can grow in wisdom.
Psalm 90:12
Megan, Prattville, Al: "Do all things without grumbling or questioning that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation among whom you shine as lights in the world..." Philippians 2: 14-15 (ESV)
ReplyDeleteJenny: Morris, Al
ReplyDeleteLove that verse Jamey....it has carried me through some tough times. Mine for this week is just straight from needing to trust God for things that are out of my control! This was spoke from the lips of Jesus.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."
John 14:1 (NIV)
Psalm 1:2-3
ReplyDeleteBlessed is the one....whose delight is in the law of the LORD,and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.